Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was found in the 1995 cookbook, The Best 50 Smoothies. Preparation time does not include the time needed to ALMOST freeze the apricots.
- 1 cup apricot nectar
- 1 cup apricot, chopped & almost frozen (fresh or canned)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 -4 ice cubes (optional, if wanting a thinner drink)
- Put all ingredients in a blender & puree until smooth.
- Pour into a glass & ENJOY!
Made this with fresh apricots that I froze, and apricot mango yogurt. My apricots were a little sour so I added about 1/4 cup splenda and left out the ice. This is a nice refreshing summer smoothie! I liked the little bits of apricot in the smoothie from the preserves and the frozen apricots. My 5yr DS loved it so makes it that much better!! Made for PRMR.
OMG this is my new favorite smoothie .... so so good. This is just nice and light tasting without being too much. I opted out on the ice cubes and used apricots with the skin on - not frozen but my preserves were. TO DIE FOR!!