Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
These are good on your holiday cookie plates.
- 2⁄3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried apricots
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups pecan halves
- In food processor or blender, process orange juice and apricots until pureed.
- Combine apricot mixture and 2 cups sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Over medium high heat, stirring constantly, bring to boil.
- Keep stirring, reduce heat to medium and boil 12-14 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool for 20 minutes.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of mixture into a small bowl of sugar.
- Press a pecan half into top of each candy.
- Spoon sugar over candy to coat.
- Sprinkle a sheet of wax paper with sugar.
- Use a fork to carefully transfer candy to paper.
- Store between sheets of waxed papers in airtight container.