Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I came across this recipe recently when looking for apricot recipes. I haven't make it yet but it sounds delicious and will be making it before apricot season is over. Recipe source: local newspaper which was adapted from Four-Star Desserts.
- 1 9-inch baked tart shell
- 5 apricots, pitted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees F.
- Place baked tart shell on baking sheet. Set aside.
- Cut apricots into wedges and arrange in tart shell.
- In a bowl whisk together sugar, yolks and cream.
- Stir in flour and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour cream/yolk mixture over apricots.
- Sprinkle almonds over all.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until custard is set.
This is a fabulous tart! I hadn't baked with apricots before, and found I love them this way! Didn't make any changes; the recipe is great as is. I baked it for about 45 minutes, just because I'm paranoid about undercooked eggs. Delicious and beautiful-Thanks!