Recipe by Manami
Plump, spicy-sweet, juicy shrimp are a perfect apperitif for a small gathering. Originally Charlie Trotter's recipe which called for his own Apricot Curry Sauce but I used Dancer's #24657 and it turned out deliciously!
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3⁄4 cup apricot curry sauce
- 12 red grape tomatoes
- 4 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 4 hours (12 inch skewers)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
- chopped apricot
- fresh cilantro leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Skewer the three shrimp and three tomatoes in an altering manner on each wooden skewer.
- Brush heavily with the apricot curry sauce and refrigerate for 1 hour before grilling.
- Season the shrimp and tomatoes with salt and pepper and place on preheated grill over moderate flame. Grill for 2 minutes on each side or until just cooked.
- Remove from the grill and brush once more with some of the apricot curry sauce and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Use chopped apricots and cilantro leaves as a garnish on your serving platter.