Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Spoil your Valentine with something a little bit special for dinner! This recipe courtesy of BBC's Good Food Magazine. *Make sure your pan is hot before you start to brown the fillet, this will avoid over cooking it too much before it goes into the oven. courtesy
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/Gas 6.
- Lightly toast the cumin seeds in a frying pan.
- Tip into a blender with the apricots and whizz until chopped, but not smooth.
- Slice the pork fillet in half horizontally, not cutting through completely, and open it like a book.
- Season the mean to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper, spread the cumin-apicot mixture along the center of the fillet, then fold themeat back to envelop the stuffing.
- Heat the oil in a pan and brown the meat on all sides for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pork (Keep the pan as is with juices and lovely bits, as you will be using it shortly) and place on a roasting try and cover loosly with aluminum foil.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly pink.
- Meanwhile, add the wine and rosemary to the previously used pan (containing all the love and the juices) and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until you have a sauce.
- Remove the meat from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before carving into slices.
- Pour/add any remaining juices from the roasting tray into the sauce and mix well, remove the rosemary and pour over the stuffed pork slices when ready to serve.