1 hr 50 mins
From Gourmet Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat together butter and sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- 2Beat in egg and vanilla.
- 3Reduce speed to low and mix in flour, salt, and lemon zest until mixture just forms a dough.
- 4Shape dough into 2 balls, 1 slightly larger than the other.
- 5Flatten each ball into a 5-inch disk, then wrap each in wax paper and chill 30 minutes.
- 6Stir together preserves, lemon juice, and extract in a small bowl.
- 7Roll out thicker piece of dough (keep remaining piece chilled) between 2 sheets of wax paper into an 11-inch round.
- 8Remove top sheet of paper and invert dough into a 9- by 1-inch fluted round tart pan with a removable bottom.
- 9Peel off paper and fit dough into pan, trimming side to 1/4 inch below top of rim.
- 10Chill shell.
- 11Roll out remaining dough in same manner and remove top sheet of paper, then cut dough into 10 (1-inch-wide) strips.
- 12Slide strips on wax paper onto a baking sheet and chill until firm, about 10 minutes.
- 13Preheat oven to 375°F
- 14Spread apricot filling in tart shell and arrange 5 strips across filling (about 1 inch apart), trimming excess dough at ends of strips.
- 15Arrange remaining 5 strips on top (about 1 inch apart) to form a lattice (do not weave), trimming ends.
- 16Press ends onto edge of tart shell and bake crostata in middle of oven until golden, 40 to 50 minutes.
- 17Cool completely in pan on a rack.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Crostata
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.7
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 96.2 mg
- Sodium 230.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 6.5 g