Recipe by Rita~
Though Margaret Walker orchards was to provide fruits for the manufacture of jams and jellies, Margaret made sure some of the apricots went on the table. Apricots making a lovely crisp. Tweeked from This recipe inmamaskitchen.
Top Review by ABQ Kat
My husband said this is the best thing I've ever made! I didn't have cardamom or cloves, so I used nutmeg and allspice. Also, I didn't use a food processor. I just smashed the walnuts so they were in small pieces and mixed everything together! This is easy and DELICIOUS!
- 2 1⁄4 lbs apricots
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (or almonds)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 8 ounces butter
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice apricots in half and discard stone.
- Cover bottom of a shallow, buttered oven proof dish with two layers of apricots.
- Place flour, walnuts,sugar, butter, cloves,cardamom, and ground cinnamon into a food processor and blend until it is like breadcrumbs. Spread mixture on top of apricots.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for approximately 50 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Serve with custard or cream.