Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Though Margaret Walker orchards was to provide fruits for the manufacture of jams and jellies, Margaret made sure some of the apricots went on the table. Apricots making a lovely crisp. Tweeked from This recipe inmamaskitchen.
- 2 1⁄4 lbs apricots
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts (or almonds)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 8 ounces butter
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Slice apricots in half and discard stone.
- Cover bottom of a shallow, buttered oven proof dish with two layers of apricots.
- Place flour, walnuts,sugar, butter, cloves,cardamom, and ground cinnamon into a food processor and blend until it is like breadcrumbs. Spread mixture on top of apricots.
- Bake in preheated 375°F oven for approximately 50 minutes or until lightly browned on top. Serve with custard or cream.
My husband said this is the best thing I've ever made! I didn't have cardamom or cloves, so I used nutmeg and allspice. Also, I didn't use a food processor. I just smashed the walnuts so they were in small pieces and mixed everything together! This is easy and DELICIOUS!
Very good crisp,I added some oats. Thanks
Fabulous dessert especially for a chilly night - very straight forward to make although I used tinned apricots as fresh were not in season - I loved the inclusion of cardamon . Made and enjoyed for ZWT 111 so my thanks to you Rita for posting it.