1/2 Photos of Apricot Crescents
4 hrs 30 mins
Anna P.'s Note:
Worth making, take's awhile to make but worth it. Great for those special occasions. Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- 2Cut in the vegetable shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 3With a fork stir in the sour cream and egg until a stiff dough forms.
- 4Cover and chill for a least 4 hours or overnight.
- 5Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 6Grease 2 baking sheets.
- 7Divide the dough into 3 pieces.
- 8On a floured surface, roll out each piece to an 11-inch round.
- 9Spread one-third of the apricot preserves evenly over each round, and sprinkle each round with one-third of the walnuts.
- 10Cut each round into 12 wedges.
- 11Starting at the wide end, roll up each wedge.
- 12Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheets, placing the cookies about 1-inch apart and curving the ends to form crescent shapes.
- 13Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly colored.
- 14Dust the warm cookies with powdered sugar and transfer to wire racks to cool.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Crescents
Serving Size: 1 (957 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.1
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 8.6 mg
- Sodium 11.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 1.3 g