Worth making, take's awhile to make but worth it. Great for those special occasions. Enjoy.
Make and share this Apricot Crescents recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in the vegetable shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With a fork stir in the sour cream and egg until a stiff dough forms.
- Cover and chill for a least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces.
- On a floured surface, roll out each piece to an 11-inch round.
- Spread one-third of the apricot preserves evenly over each round, and sprinkle each round with one-third of the walnuts.
- Cut each round into 12 wedges.
- Starting at the wide end, roll up each wedge.
- Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheets, placing the cookies about 1-inch apart and curving the ends to form crescent shapes.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly colored.
- Dust the warm cookies with powdered sugar and transfer to wire racks to cool.