Prep 4 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Worth making, take's awhile to make but worth it. Great for those special occasions. Enjoy.
Make and share this Apricot Crescents recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in the vegetable shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With a fork stir in the sour cream and egg until a stiff dough forms.
- Cover and chill for a least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 2 baking sheets.
- Divide the dough into 3 pieces.
- On a floured surface, roll out each piece to an 11-inch round.
- Spread one-third of the apricot preserves evenly over each round, and sprinkle each round with one-third of the walnuts.
- Cut each round into 12 wedges.
- Starting at the wide end, roll up each wedge.
- Place seam side down on the prepared baking sheets, placing the cookies about 1-inch apart and curving the ends to form crescent shapes.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly colored.
- Dust the warm cookies with powdered sugar and transfer to wire racks to cool.
Very good. These are fun to make and look so cute!! Made for P-A-R-T-Y 2009.
This is our family's favorite Christmas cookie! The only thing we do differently is sprinkle flaked sweetened coconut (maybe 1/3 cup total) over the rounds after the preserves and walnuts. Then we sprinkle the rolled crescents with granulated sugar before baking, rather than with the powdered sugar afterwards. Thanks so much for posting, now I'll always have this recipe at hand!