Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
It's always nice to have some crescent rolls in the freezer. They only take about 15 minutes out of the freezer to make for a tasty addition to dinner or buffet
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1 (6 ounce) packagesoftened cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sifted flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves (2 tbsp per crescent)
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- confectioners' sugar, to taste
- Cut together butter and cream cheese.
- Mix into the butter mix the flour, salt and water.
- Mix with fork until well blended.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Roll into thin rectangle on a well-floured board.
- Cut into 30 2 1/2 X 3" rectangles.
- Spread each piece with 2 tbsp apricot preserves.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts.
- Roll up from one corner and bend ends to form crescents.
- Put folded side down on cookie sheet and bake at 450°F for 10 minutes.
- When cool, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
- Thaw in about 15 minutes.
Not an outstanding recipe but ok
This was my first effort at pastry cooking and I had trouble handling the dough. My crescents were more like mishapen cookies. They were, however quite tasty and were gobbled up.