Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
This creamy apricot sauce brings a delightful touch to desserts. Land-o-Lakes Cookbook.
- 14 1⁄2 ounces apricot halves, in their own juice, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- slice apricots into 1/4" slices, set aside.
- in 1qt saucepan combine 2/3 cup reserved apricot juice and cornstrach; whisk to blend and cook over medium heat stirring occasionally until thickened.
- stir in remaining ingredients and apricots.
- continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until apricots are warm.
- serve sauce over pound cake, meringues, cream puffs or ice cream.