Prep 45 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I love to make desserts with fruit. This recipe won first prize in a competition sponsored by Nestle and a local radio station. Perfect for a summer evening.Save 6 apricots halves for decoration. Ladyfingers are what we call boudoir biscuits in South Africa.
- 1 (397 g) can condensed milk
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (825 g) canned apricots (well drained and pureed)
- 250 ml whipping cream, whipped till peaks form (save 100ml for decoration)
- 2 (125 g) pkts ladyfingers
- mint leaf, and your imaginination for decorating
- Line a loaf tine with cling wrap.
- combine condensed milk and lemon juice.
- Add apricot puree and lightly fold in the whipped cream.
- Layer ladyfingers on the bottom of the loaf tin and spread with a layer of mousse.
- Repeat twice more ending with ladyfingers.
- chill for at least 12hrs before serving .
- Turn out and decorate with cream,mint leaves and apricot halves.
Tasted okay, but was a very soft mold - difficult to serve without it looking very messy. Wouldn't make again. Perhaps there should be gelatin in the mix.