Recipe by Johannah Gage
A classic at Thanksgiving dinner, cranberry sauce is reinvented with fresh berries and apricot preserves.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons ginger (finely grated)
- 16 ounces cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the ginger and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the cranberries, sugar, orange juice, and preserves.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve warm. NOTE: The sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to reheat.