Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A must have with turkey or baked chicken. Has a very fresh taste. I didn't include chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot halves, cut into 1/4 inch strips
- 3⁄4 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (minced)
- In 2 qt.
- saucepan soak apricots in cranberry juice for 10 minutes.
- Add cranberries, sugar, and ginger; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and cook uncovered 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and refrigerate till well chilled.
i didn't have dried apricots let. but i did have some dried tropical fruit- pineapple, mango, papaya, figs so i substituted, i made half the recipe as i had only 1/2 bag of cranberries left, delish!
I made this using frozen cranberries, sugar in the raw, apricot preserves and grated fresh ginger. I cooked it until the cranberries all "popped." easy and delicious. I had Thanksgiving in July!
I've been making this for several years now, its become a highly requested family favorite, great for any holiday. Be sure to wash sort and de-stem your cranberries.