Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nothing says comfort food like a creamy bread pudding. This bread pudding is extra special, taken to new heights we have made it perfect for serving at Thanksgiving or Christmas. This recipe comes from Alberta Milk.
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped dried apricot
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange liqueur (or orange juice)
- 8 slices French bread (cut 1/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam, warmed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 small pinch salt
- Combine apricots, cranberries and liqueur in small bowl; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Scatter half of apricot mixture with liqueur, on bottom on greased shallow 12 cup capacity ovenproof dish.
- Spread one side of each piece of bread with apricot jam; arrange bread, jam side up, in dish slightly overlapping.
- Scatter remaining apricot mixture over bread.
- Whisk remaining 6 ingredients together in medium sized bowl; pour over bread; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cover with foil.
- Place dish in roaster; pour enough boiling water to come halfway up side of dish.
- Bake in 325° F oven for 1 1/4 hours; remove foil and bake for a further 15 minutes until custard is just set.
- Carefully remove dish from roaster; let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Serves 4 to 6.
Pretty much followed the recipe, but I did use rounded measure of the dried fruits, AND 2 tablespoons of Triple Sec! This is A REALLY GREAT BREAD PUDDING, but another time I might try somehow to cut back on the amount of fat, without losing it's great taste! Definitely a keeper, any way you look at it! [Tagged, made & reviewed in as part of my Bread Pudding theme in My-3-Chefs]