Shirl (J) 831's Note:
Nothing says comfort food like a creamy bread pudding. This bread pudding is extra special, taken to new heights we have made it perfect for serving at Thanksgiving or Christmas. This recipe comes from Alberta Milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup finely chopped dried apricot
- 3 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange liqueur (or orange juice)
- 8 slices French bread (cut 1/4 inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam, warmed
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 small pinch salt
- 1Combine apricots, cranberries and liqueur in small bowl; let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2Scatter half of apricot mixture with liqueur, on bottom on greased shallow 12 cup capacity ovenproof dish.
- 3Spread one side of each piece of bread with apricot jam; arrange bread, jam side up, in dish slightly overlapping.
- 4Scatter remaining apricot mixture over bread.
- 5Whisk remaining 6 ingredients together in medium sized bowl; pour over bread; let stand for 10 minutes.
- 6Cover with foil.
- 7Place dish in roaster; pour enough boiling water to come halfway up side of dish.
- 8Bake in 325° F oven for 1 1/4 hours; remove foil and bake for a further 15 minutes until custard is just set.
- 9Carefully remove dish from roaster; let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- 10Serve warm or cold.
- 11Serves 4 to 6.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Cranberry Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 755.6
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 195.8 mg
- Sodium 873.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 27.3 g
- Protein 18.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: