Recipe by Montana Heart Song
I saw a recipe calling for these three foods stacked together for breakfast.I decided this would be the perfect ingredients for a quick breakfast bread since my family would not find cottage cheese appealing for breakfast.There is plenty of energy producing nutrients in this bread or muffins. I blend the cottage cheese first so it is not lumpy.
- 2 cups cottage cheese, blended
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup dried apricot, diced
- 2 cups all-bran cereal or 2 cups Special K cereal
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pam cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl mix the wet ingredients together. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold in gently.
- Add the vanilla and fold in gently.
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- Spray Pam in glass baking pan or bread pan.
- Gently pour and spread into pan.
- You can spray Pam in muffin pans and fill 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top springs back when pressed with a finger tip ans sides start pull away from pan.
- Muffins have shorter baking time, when top start to turn brown and the tops springs back when pressed with a finger tip. Do not overbake muffin, they will be chewy.
- Note: I prefer to use Special K Cereal, your choice. I have never used the Special K Cereal with the Strawberries in it but I think you could use it along with the apricots.