Montana Heart Song's Note:
I saw a recipe calling for these three foods stacked together for breakfast.I decided this would be the perfect ingredients for a quick breakfast bread since my family would not find cottage cheese appealing for breakfast.There is plenty of energy producing nutrients in this bread or muffins. I blend the cottage cheese first so it is not lumpy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups all-bran cereal or 2 cups Special K cereal
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pam cooking spray
- 1In medium bowl mix the wet ingredients together. Set aside.
- 2In large mixing bowl mix the dry ingredients together.
- 3Add the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold in gently.
- 4Add the vanilla and fold in gently.
- 5Preheat oven 375°F.
- 6Spray Pam in glass baking pan or bread pan.
- 7Gently pour and spread into pan.
- 8You can spray Pam in muffin pans and fill 1/2 to 3/4 full.
- 9Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until top springs back when pressed with a finger tip ans sides start pull away from pan.
- 10Muffins have shorter baking time, when top start to turn brown and the tops springs back when pressed with a finger tip. Do not overbake muffin, they will be chewy.
- 11Note: I prefer to use Special K Cereal, your choice. I have never used the Special K Cereal with the Strawberries in it but I think you could use it along with the apricots.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Cottage Cheese Bran Bread
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 563.5
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 851.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 90.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 43.6 g
- Protein 17.6 g