Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A fellow church members brought these delightfully different cookies last Sunday for coffee hour after service. She advised it came from the Feb 1997 issue of Gourmet magazine. They are pretty on a plate and delicious on yur taste buds! A very nice change from the usual cookie! If this recipe interests you, please check out my Upside-Down Berry Cornmeal Cake .
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- In a bowl whisk together butter, sugar and egg until smooth.
- Sift in flour and baking soda.
- Add apricots, sage, cornmeal, and salt, stirring until combined.
- Drop tablespoons of dough about 1 inch apart onto baking sheets and bake in batches in middle of oven 10 minutes, or until pale golden.
- Cool cookies on sheets 2 minutes and transfer to a rack to cool.
- Makes about 18 cookies.
What an excellent cookie! I used erythritol in place of the sugar and gluten free flour, and they turend out incredible! The sage makes a wonderful flavour and goes so well with the dried apricots. Thanks for sharing!
Made for Septemeber Tailgate Party / Diabetes Forum
Very unusual and delicious! I prepared these for the school art gala as they looked "gourmet" and something for adults. They went over very well with a few requests for the recipe. It was especially fun to use the fresh sage in my garden. Thanks nanpie.