Prep 0 mins
Cook 20 mins
I created this recipe when I was baking cookies for Chinese New Year in 2009.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornflour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup ground almonds
- 2 cups dried apricots (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Sift the plain flour, corn flour and bicarbonate of soda. Add the salt and mix well.
- Cream the butter, castor sugar, brown sugar and vanilla essence till light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time. Beat well.
- Add the ground cinnamon and ground almond and mix well.
- Stir in the chopped apricots.
- Fold in the flour and salt mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool the cookies thoroughly before storing in an air-tight container.
Very nice cookies. I love the texture. And the recipe makes heaps.