Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this to my family of the Summer get-together and everybody loved it. The best part is how easy it is. If you love ice cream sandwiches this is a must have recipe. :)
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup lipton iced tea (recommended ( Summer Peach)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1 (3 ounce) cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 1⁄2 quarts ice cream, softened (any flavor)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, Lipton and baking powder. Cut in butter and sour cream or cream cheese (your choice) until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with preserves: mix well.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon 1 inches apart onto greased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Spread 1-inch layer of the softened ice cream onto a cookie, top with a second cookie, wrap in parchment paper and freeze immediately. Repeat with the remaining cookies. Yumm!