Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love "jello" salads, especially in the summer. This one is light, fluffy and looks as good as it tastes (and you can't taste the buttermilk). I take it to my office when we have our "food fest" and I never have any to bring home!
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 (3 ounce) box apricot gelatin
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, if desired
- Heat crushed pineapple and jello until dissolved.
- Refrigerate until cooled.
- Add buttermilk, cool whip and nuts.
- Refrigerate until set.
I used to make this all the time but I lost this recipe in hurricane Katrina and I couldn't remember the directions. I found it here and can't thank you enough. This is such a wonderful refreshing salad and if I could I would give it ten stars.
I have made this many holidays. My whole family enjoys this very much.