Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is from Allrecipes submitted by Jo Whattam. It sounds so good I want to share with you. I will be making this soon.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup dried apricot
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 325*F (165*C) In a medium bowl, mix together butter, sugar and 1 cup flour.
- Press into bottom of an ungreased 9X13 inch pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- In small saucepan, bring apricots and water to boil, and cook for 10 minutes, drain, chop and set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs and brown sugar, stir in 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, salt, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Fold in nuts and chopped apricots.
- Stir in coconut if desired.
- Pour over the prepared baked crust.
- Bake for additional 20 minutes or until firm.
- Cool and dust with confectioners sugar before cutting into squares.