Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Toasted Coconut make these special. Dip the bottoms in chocolate and dab some on top too. I used fine toasted coconut. Or you can toast your own.
- Over mediun heat, in small sauce pan, cook apricots with the 1/2 cup water and 1 table spoon sugar until tender and there is about 1 tablespoon of liquid left. Cool slightly.
- Transfer to food processor with a steel blade. Add remaining 3/4 cup sugar, egg whites and 1/2 cup coconut; process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to electric mixer and mix in remaining 4 cups coconut. Mixture should hold together when pinched.
- With hands or scoop make small mounds. Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in 350 degree oven until tops are browned about 10 minutes.
- When cool dip bottoms in melted chocolate, Place cookie bottom side up to let chocolate dry, then turn cook right side up and pipe more chocolate on top.