Recipe by mandabears
Just a wonderful combination of apricots, coconut, condensed milk to make a delicious fruity bar cookie. Sometimes I use a 6 ounce package Sunkist Fruit Bits instead of the apricots.
Top Review by nadia murray
These are very tasty and easy bars- I did find the crust a bit dry and I only baked it for 20 minutes- next time I will try 15 minutes- baked with the filling for 30 minutes and maybe could cut back a few. They were not too brown- I used a dark pan lined with foil and reduced the oven temp. to 325. This recipe is a keeper though and I will make again.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 15 ounces condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 6 ounces dried apricots, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter, sugar and 1 cup flour in a large bowl.
- Cut butter in with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs form.
- Press crumbs firmly into bottom of a greased 9 inch square pan to make a crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven to a wire rack to cool.
- Combine the remaining 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, salt, eggs, condensed milk, coconut, and apricots in a medium bowl.
- Mix well.
- Spread mixture evenly over crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Cool in pan.