Recipe by josamky1063
Apricots are a delicious addition to any dessert tray, especially among fruitcake devotees. This recipe combines a tangy flavor with a sweet crunch.
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried apricots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- granulated sugar, as needed
- powdered sugar, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Place apricots and orange juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Take off heat and cover and steep for 10 minutes. Drain and reserve apricots.
- Place in food processor with coconut and nuts. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add zest and lemon juice.
- Shape mixture into balls about 3/4" in diameter. Roll lightly in granulated sugar. If too moist, a little powdered sugar may be worked inches If mixture seems dry, add a little orange juice.