Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A simple dessert that you can prep in a couple of minutes. Pop it into the oven during dinner and it'll be ready before you are!
- 1⁄2 cup milk, plus
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cognac
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 lb apricot, fresh or canned,sliced ¼ inch thick (if using canned, drain first)
- icing sugar
- With a whisk, blend milk, egg, Cognac and sugar until combined.
- Add flour and blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange apricots in a buttered 3 cup shallow baking dish (I use a quiche dish).
- Pour custard mixture over and bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden and puffed.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar and serve warm.
Very good! I used fresh apricots from the farmer's market. I substituted OJ, vanilla and a bit of almond extract for the cognac. Wonderful served warm with the powdered sugar. Also good with vanilla ice cream. Also, this is very quick to whip and bake. Thanks for suggesting this, evelyn! I will make this again.
I made this with halved tinned apricots, and left them like that so they poked up like egg yolks through the batter. I also had no cognac, so used an orange liqueur which was good. Using the halved canned apricots, I had this mixed and in the oven in 5 minute. that's a plus, so is the fact it is quite low in fat-I also used a lower fat milk.
We have an abundance of peaches right now, so I used those instead of apricots. Very flavorful! The custard wasn't quite what I was expecting, but tasty none-the-less. We had ours with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. Very nice!