Recipe by Tigg
This is a very light sponge top dessert. It is soooo easy and quick and it never fails; unlike some of my other sponge top desserts. Originally designed to be used with plums I find apricots is the yummiest!
Top Review by mommyluvs2cook
I was out of veg oil so I subbed with apple sauce, which I think always works as a great sub. My only problem is that I wish it was just a little bit sweeter. Other than that, a perfect claufouti!!
- 1 (425 -850 g) can apricot halves
- 1⁄2 cup self raising flour
- 1⁄4 cup caster sugar (I use normal sugar if I have no castor left)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 90 g butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain Apricots and place in dish (3 cup capacity) I find a shallow one works best for this dessert.
- Melt butter in a pyrex jug in microwave.
- Add milk and return to microwave and heat until mixture is warm (not too hot or else eggs will cook when you add them).
- Add eggs to the warm milk and butter and stir vigorously.
- Sift flour and sugar in bowl.
- Make well in centre, gradually stir in combined butter,milk and eggs.
- Spoon batter evenly between apricots.
- Bake in moderate oven 180 C for 30minutes until firm and golden brown.