Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Posting for ZWT 6
Make and share this Apricot Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 44.37 ml canola oil
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 fresh ginger, 1 inch peeled and minced
- 177.44 ml chopped dried apricot
- 78.07 ml raisins
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 29.58 ml sugar
- Heat oil and curry powder in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until curry powder is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add apricots and raisins along with 1 cup water, lime juice, and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20 minutes.
- MAKES 2 CUPS.
Made for ZWT6 as a Family Pick, this recipe is fantastic! It would normally never occur to me to make my own chutney w/all the varieties so easily available on grocery shelves, but I had dried apricots left from NA*ME efforts. IMO, 1 of the fun things about ZWT is you find recipes that intrigue you & challenge you to step outside your cooking comfort zone. Your recipe intrigued, challenged, delivered in all ways & reminded me that the 5* ratimg is about excellence. This is such a quick & easy-fix that even the 20 min cook time seemed brief as it thickened & its aroma filled my kitchen. I suggest a chill time for flavours & best consistency to fully develop. This also allows the excess oil to collect on the surface & be drained away. I served it w/a grilled pork cutlet & bet it would also be yummy w/grilled chicken. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)