Recipe by luvcook'n
This chutney is a beautiful colour...especially when you use the deep deep orange apricots. I just guessed at the amount of jars and it is not stated in the recipe.
Top Review by Heinz P.
Made this last year for our big church sale. Sold very well. Followed this recipe exactly and came out great again. Had to label it under Spicey. Use a lot of your recipes with good results.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs apricots, pitted and quartered
- 1 lb brown onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cups sultana raisins
- 1 lb brown sugar
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour, uncovered, or until juice has thickened.
- Pour into warm sterilized jars and seal.
- May be eaten immediately but the flavour improves after a few days.