Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Delicious, easy to make and adaptable with other healthy ingredients. Great snack for lunches, tastes good and better for you then normal cookies! Chia seeds are higher in Omega-3 acids than flax seeds, higher in antioxidants than blueberries, balance blood sugar, are a complete protein, packed with vitamins, and are very filling. These seeds can be added to water, sprinkled on salads and cereal, or used in baking.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate, chunks or 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
chia seed gel
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, mixed with
- 1⁄2 cup water, and refrigerate until gel like
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, baking powder, flour -Preheat oven.
- Slightly warm the golden syrup, add vanila.
- Mix eggs in a smaller bowl, add golden syrup, vanilla and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Stir in Chia seed gel mix to wet mixture.
- Slowly combine with dry ingredients.
- Stir in choc chips and apricots.
- Spoon onto greased or baking paper lined oven tray.
- Fan bake for 15-18mins at 180 degrees or until they bounce back when pressed.