Recipe by HealthChef#007
Delicious, easy to make and adaptable with other healthy ingredients. Great snack for lunches, tastes good and better for you then normal cookies! Chia seeds are higher in Omega-3 acids than flax seeds, higher in antioxidants than blueberries, balance blood sugar, are a complete protein, packed with vitamins, and are very filling. These seeds can be added to water, sprinkled on salads and cereal, or used in baking.
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate, chunks or 1⁄2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
chia seed gel
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds, mixed with
- 1⁄2 cup water, and refrigerate until gel like
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, mix together oats, baking powder, flour -Preheat oven.
- Slightly warm the golden syrup, add vanila.
- Mix eggs in a smaller bowl, add golden syrup, vanilla and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Stir in Chia seed gel mix to wet mixture.
- Slowly combine with dry ingredients.
- Stir in choc chips and apricots.
- Spoon onto greased or baking paper lined oven tray.
- Fan bake for 15-18mins at 180 degrees or until they bounce back when pressed.