Recipe by Bergy
There are other apricot/pork recipes here on Zaar but this one is just a little different. The glaze has a zippy sweet sour flavor that compliments the pork
Top Review by evelyn/athens
This was a really good roast and Bergy's cooking time was right on (my roast came in at a little over 3 lbs). I really liked the sweet/savoury taste and the apricot was great with the chili. I may omit the mustard next time and use a little soy sauce instead. Very good eating.
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 1⁄2 cup apricot jam
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325degrees F.
- Spray a shallow roasting pan with veggie oil.
- Place the roast, fat side up, in the pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- Salt& Pepper the roast and bake for 1/2 hour.
- Remove from oven and smear the jam mixture all over the roast.
- Return roast to the oven, uncovered, and continue baking for apprx 1 hour or until the internal temp reads 160 degrees F.
- Baste a couple of times and watch that the glaze doesn't burn.
- Let the roast rest for 10 minutes, carve& serve.