Prep 30 mins
Cook 18 mins
Apricot Chicken with Pasta
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 (425 g) can apricots
- 2 tablespoons malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 400 g fettuccine
- Peel onion and chop finely.
- Crush, peel and chop garlic.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and saute onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until onion is transparent.
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips.
- Add chicken strips to pan and stir fry 2 or 3 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
- Drain apricots, leaving about 2 Tbsp of the juice.
- Puree apricots in a food processor or blender.
- Add malt vinegar, ginger, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Mix to combine; pour into the saucepan.
- Bring mixture to the boil.
- Cook fettucine in boiling salted water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Serve chicken over pasta.
instead of canned apricots I used dried apricots soaked in orange juice ,it reminds me of a moroccan dish I once had.
My husband will only eat white chicken baked but I slipped this one in since he has now been diagnosed with Level 2 diabetes. Believe it or not he really enjoyed this and so did I. I only made 2 chicken breasts since I also have him on a diet of sorts. Thanks for something different.