1/1 Photo of Apricot Chicken With Cashews
From Taste of Home's Simple and Delicious Magazine. From start to finish this dish takes about 15 minutes to prepare because it is cooked in the microwave! How easy is that? Serve over hot cooked rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chicken broth or 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- hot cooked rice
- 1In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- 2Add chicken and toss to coat.
- 3Transfer to a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes, stirring once.
- 4Add green pepper and cashews.
- 5Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until chicken juices run clear, stirring once.
- 6Let stand for 3 minutes.
- 7Serve with rice.
- 8Editor's Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Chicken With Cashews
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.9
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 714.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 30.4 g