Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is so easy, tastes great, and is elegant enough to serve company. Adapted from Gourmet magazine- January 2005.
- 1 chicken, cut up
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 cup apricot jam
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- Put oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet.
- Pat chicken dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper, then arrange on sheet at least 1/4 inch apart.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- While chicken bakes, combine jam, soy sauce, mustard, margarine, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat over moderate heat until jam is melted.
- Pour sauce over chicken and continue to bake until chicken is cooked through, about another 20 minutes.
- Turn on broiler and broil chicken 4 to 5 inches from heat, basting once, until chicken is glazed and browned in spots, about 5 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with toasted almonds.
Excellent dish! Tasty and flavourful. I used a low fat apricot jam, and everything tasted wonderful. Thanks again, Sis!