Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1⁄2 cup apricot nectar
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 skinless chicken thighs (2 lb)
- 12 dried apricot halves
- Combine all but chicken and dried apricots.
- Mix well, set aside.
- Trim excess fat from chicken.
- Rinse chicken with cold water, pat dry.
- Place chicken in a 12 x 8 x 2" baking dish.
- Pour reserved apricot nectar mixture over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Uncover, and place aproicot halves in apricot nectar mixture.
- Continue baking, uncovered, 15 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken to a warmed serving platter, discarding apricot nectar mixture.
- Garnish each thigh with 2 apricot halves.
- Serve immediately.
Pick Your Chef Recipe... OMG Dancer, this is fantastic!! I served the chicken on a bulgar wheat pilaf and it was just so good! Only change I made was I grilled the chicken THEN brought it in the house for the final 15 min. cooking. This is one of my new favorite dinners. The sherry and the apricot go so well together!
Wonderful...So delicious. I served it over rice. I will make this one again. Thanks so much.
Delicious!! Lots of flavour and the chook was very tender. My only complaint was that it seemed as though 6 thighs was not enough... 6 skinless-boneless thighs = 1 lb. Perhaps the bone would add more weight, but the "6" thigh directive sort of threw me... Nevertheless, a great meal and clearly a yummy one or my husband and I wouldn't have been dying for more!