Recipe by Charlotte J
I love this recipe the dried apricots sweeten this dish. The snow peas add some color to this dish. I'll have to pull this one out again to make as it has been many years since I made it. I can't remember which magazine this came from.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Agree fully that this was a super simple dish easily put together in under 30 minutes. I purchased snap peas in error and used those instead of snow peas (actually like them better) and used half the stated amount of oil. Other than those two changes, I made as directed. I loved the taste and texture contrast between the softened fruit and the crunchy vegetables. Unusual, but it worked so well together. I think next time I will try this with fresh ginger juilienned into micro sized strips to add a little more peppery accents to contrast with the fruit a bit more. Also thinking a tablespoon of chicken broth to make the stir-fry a little more saucy could be nice. Thank you for a delicious dinner.
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, halves. cut in half
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 cup celery
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas, halved
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, soak the apricots in teh hot water, set aside (do not drain).
- Combine flour, cilantro, salt and pepper and sprinkle over the chicken.
- Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Stir-fry onion and celery for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Add peas, ginger, garlic and the apricots with the water then stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add remaining oil to another skillet and stir-fry chicken for 6-7 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Return chicken to the apricot mixture abd heat through.
- Serve over rice.