Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The cayenne pepper and sweet apricot preserve combination is a great balance. Got this from a magazine a few years ago, perhaps Everyday Food. A bit more sophisticated than regular chicken salad.
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves or 1⁄4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup red grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon, chopped
- Mix mayo, preserves, lemon juice and cayenne in a small bowl.
- Toss chicken, grapes, almonds and tarragon in large bowl.
- Add mayo mixture and toss until coated.
- Season with salt to taste.
This is DELICIOUS! I used a rotisserie chicken because I hate cooking chicken. I subbed plain Greek yogurt for the mayo as ShortieNJ suggested and it was perfect. YUM!
this was awesome. I used greek yogurt instead of mayonnaise, omitted the almonds, and used green grapes since that's what i had. yummm
Loved the slight sweetness from the peach preserves. I toasted my almonds, because I think they add a nice crunch and flavor that way. I mixed up the recipe without the chicken, then took 1/3 of it and added Morningstar Meal Starters "chicken" for my vegetarian daughter. The other 2/3 I made with real chicken. It was wonderful! Thanks!