Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe does not give the serving size so I am just guessing at 8 servings. Hope I am kind of close.
- 3 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 1⁄2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and halved
- 1 (14 ounce) box instant brown rice
- 3⁄4 cup chopped dried apricot
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup chives
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, diced
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- In a 4 quart pot, bring the first 4 ingredients to a boil.
- Stir in rice, cover tightly and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes until water is absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove rice from heat and discard ginger.
- Stir in apricots, raisins, chives, bell peppers, chicken and almonds.
- Add dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate.
I made this for our Halloween Potluck and everyone raved about it. I did make 2 changes however, I used Trader Joes Brown Rice Trilogy for the instant rice and cooked it 40 minutes(it is not an instant)and I left out the chicken(accidently put chicken in freezer night before). I am sure it would be even better with the chicken. This is a definite keeper and a great make ahead recipe. Thanks Secret.