Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Quick and easy to prepare and very tasty too.
- 6 -8 chicken pieces
- 1 (40 g) packet French onion soup mix
- 425 ml apricot nectar
- plain flour, for coating chicken pieces
- Coat chicken pieces in flour and place in casserole dish.
- Sprinkle contents of soup packet over chicken.
- Pour apricot nectar over chicken.
- Cover casserole dish and bake at 180 C for 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve over boiled rice.
My mum used to make this and I loved it when I was a kid..made for my family the other night and they also loved it...didn't quite use the whole packet of soup..I find it too salty with the full pkt. This is going into my favourites file. Thanks!
Used 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe & was very pleased with the results! The dish was extremely easy to put together, & the combo of apricot & onion flavors was interesting! Another time, however, I might cut back a little on the amount of the onion soup mix! Thanks for sharing the recipe for this tasty chicken! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted Joeys in the Aus/NZ Special Recipe Swap #19]
This is a great recipe. I cooked the chicken at 350* for a little over an hour. I used apricot juice from canned apricots.