Lorelie's Kitchen's Note:
A recipe i adapted from the traditional Apricot Chicken Recipe my mother used to make. I was looking for a dish that had a thicker sauce with no bones that would allow for a less messy dish. with all the flavour of the original.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice chicken into small cubes or strips which ever you prefer. salt and pepper chicken and lightly coat in plain flour.
- 2Place chicken in a hot pan with olive oil and brown in batches removing from pan to pat excess oil off with absorbent paper.
- 3Slice bacon rashers into strips and place in pan with roughly diced onions and cook untill onions are almost tender.
- 4Add browned chicken pieces back to the pan and toss amongst the bacon and onion.
- 5Add 1 cup of chicken liquid stock to 1/2 cups of apricot nectar. (add liquid as desired in this ratio to obtain desired thickness of casserole)Let simmer for 3-5 mins and thicken with cornflour if desired.
- 6serve over rice or beside side dish of stir fried vegetables.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 372.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 9.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets