Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an incredibly easy way to make sweet, moist chicken. You could probably substitute any kind of fruit you wanted.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- 1 jar apricot jam
- 4 -6 ounces apricot nectar
- dried apricot
- Arrange chicken in a baking dish.
- Pour the apricot nectar over the chicken and in thr pan.
- Top each piece of chicken with a heaping teaspoon of jam.
- Sprinkle dried apricots around the pan.
- Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink the the middle.
- Note: If you let the chicken marinate in the juices overnight, it is even more moist, but that it not necessary.
Excellent! This was easy, fast, and wonderful. Even my "picky" one loved it. I made it with creamy cucumber salad #32420 and ranchh potatoes #19164. One little word of caution, don't cover the chicken in the oven. The juices need to cook off.
I have been making this recipe and topping it with a sprinkle of rosemary. Usually make cajun potatoes on the side with string beans. Everyone loves it.
I did let the chicken sit overnight but it still cooked up bland.