Recipe by School Chef
This is an old standby recipe. quick and easy
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
This was a flavorful, tender and juicy chicken!! I am not big on chicken breasts (prefer thighs) but this was very good. I did add a little extra apricot preserves to give it a stronger flavor (about 2 Tbs). Made for Spring 2009 PAC and will make again.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup apricot brandy
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Brown chicken on both sides.
- Add broth.
- Cover simmer 30 minute until chicken is fork tender.
- Remove chicken to platter.
- Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Blend in remaining ingredient to remaining liquid in skillet.
- Return breast to skillet.
- Simmer 5 minutes to coat chicken well.