Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Chicken baked in apricot glaze with a slight spice!!!!
- 4 skinless chicken breasts (can use thighs or mixture or each)
- 1 small red chili pepper, finely diced (can be omitted)
- 4 ounces apricot jam
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Season both sides of chicken with chili powder and place in 13x9 baking dish. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, mix 1/2 jar of apricot jam, finely diced pepper, and black pepper.
- Heat over medium to med-high heat until jam begins to become more liquid (about 3 min.), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and baste chicken with half of sauce.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes uncovered.
- Rebaste chicken with remaining sauce and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is done. Depending on how much sauce you like, you can adjust according to preferences.
- Serve warm with rice and green beans.
This was unbelievably simple but really yummy! This is a great weeknight dinner and both my hubby and kids loved it! Cooked the chicken for about 35 minutes and then broiled for about 4 minutes to get a little bit more crunch on the chicken breast. The chicken was very moist and juicy. We skipped the red chili pepper and only added a dash of chili powder b/c of the kids. Next time I might add a splash of balsamic vinegar as well to cut a bit of the sweetness. Delish!