Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great dish for company. Sweet, Nutty and savory. Used it at many parties and is always a hit.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 -2 egg
- 1 cup cracker meal
- 1⁄2 cup of chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12 ounce) jar apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put chicken breasts between saran wrap and pound till flat with mallet.
- Dredge chicken in flour then dip in egg.
- Mix cracker meal and pecans together.
- Coat chicken breasts with cracker and pecan mixture. Heat olive oil in pan. Brown chicken breasts till golden.
- Remove from heat and blot any excess oil.
- Meanwhile prepare apricot sauce.
- Heat apricot preserves in sauce pan with 1 teaspoons of lime juice. Consistency should be of a slightly thick sauce.
- Pour sauce over chicken in a baking pan. Bake approximately 20-30 minutes till chicken is cooked. Serve with rice or egg noodles.