Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of my favorite chicken recipes. It creates a sweet cinnamon sauce. I think it deserves more than 5 stars. (You cannot tell that it is made with preserves.) 1 1/2 Cups Apricot Preserves is an 18 ounce jar.
- 6 chicken pieces
- ground thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, Minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups apricot preserves
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly sprinkle thyme and pepper on chicken.
- In a 9x13 inch baking pan sprayed with non stick cooking spray, roast chicken for 10 minutes on each side; drain fat.
- Roast garlic in the oil in a small sauce pan; add cider vinegar and cornstarch in the same pan thoroughly mixing.
- Add remaining ingredients to the vinegar mixture. Cook, stir over medium high heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Pour sauce over chicken in baking pan.
- Cover and roast in oven 30 minutes, baste chicken with sauce.
- Cover and continue cooking another 15 minutes or until chicken is done.