Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
tasty chicken dish
Make and share this Apricot Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
- 1 (400 g) can apricot halves (in natural juice)
- 1 teaspoon chicken stock powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cut chicken in half lengthways and spread each piece with mustard.
- Place chicken in a single layer over the base of an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle the lemon pepper over the chicken.
- Drain the apricot halves, reserving the juice.
- Mash apricots and place over chicken.
- Mix reserved juice and chicken stock together.
- Pour over chicken and cover.
- Bake at 350F for 40-50 minutes (or until cooked through).
- Serve with egg noodles or rice.
- Sprinkle parsley over and serve.
This is a simple and delightful way to prepare chicken. I changed nothing and served with buttered noodles as per Evie*'s suggestion. Thank you for posting, Evie*!
I love cooking with fruit but we really didn't like this. Just didn't feel the favors complimented each other. Would not make again, sorry.
Ok-this was SUPER yummy, I was a little hesitant but the apricot is such a nice compliment to the lemon pepper. MMMM! Thanks!