Recipe by Bergy
This is Moroccan dish that goes naturally with rice.
Top Review by Derf
Well really Bergy, this was just outstanding!! I used 6 skinless/boneless breasts, had to defrost them so I put them in the juice from the aprcots in the fridge overnight, then dried them on paper towel before rolling them in the spices. Followed the recipe exactly after that. In any case my friend thought I did find something "sumtuous and new" and went home with the recipe. Thank-you for the marvelous taste!!
- 1 (4 lb) chicken, cut into 8 pieces, skin removed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup liquid honey
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 8 canned apricots, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine;cumin, ginger,coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to evenly coat it with the spices.
- In a skillet melt butter (oil) and brown the chicken (12 minutes).
- Drain off all but 1 tbsp fat.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Add honey.
- Add 1/3 cup of stock, stirring and spooning over the chicken.
- Arrange half of the lemon slices over the chicken.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer, basting occasionally, for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Transfer chicken to a platter, keep warm.
- Discard lemon.
- Over high heat bring liquid to a boil.
- Blend remaining stock and cornstarch.
- Whisk into the sauce and cook for about 3 minutes or until smooth and thickened.
- Add apricot and remaining lemon, heat through.
- Pour over chicken.