Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Here's a lovely cheesecake that will bring the taste of summer to your table in the middle of winter.
- 1 3⁄4 cups dried apricots
- 2⁄3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons apricot liqueur or 3 tablespoons brandy
- 3 (8 ounce) packages fat-free cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup yogurt cheese (in recipe data base by Di Neal) or 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Set aside 5 apricot halves.
- In a 2 quart pan bring remaining apricots and 1/2 cup water to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to a simmer, simmering 10 minutes.
- Combine crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 8 inch springform pan.
- In a food processor puree the cooked apricots and the water until smooth.
- Add the liqueur, cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, egg and egg whites.
- Whirl until smooth.
- Scrape mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes-you want the center to be JUST jiggly.
- Mix the yogurt cheese OR sour cream with the 1 T.
- white sugar.
- Spoon onto cake and spread to cover top.
- Bake for 5 minutes more.
- Run a thin bladed knife between the cake and the pan rim.
- Chill cake in the fridge until cool.
- Remove rim.
- Melt the jam in the microwave and run through a strainer to get rid of the chunks, if you wish.
- Cut the 5 apricot halves in half and place evenly around the rim of cake.
- Chill for 1 hour more and serve.