Here's a lovely cheesecake that will bring the taste of summer to your table in the middle of winter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups dried apricots
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons apricot liqueur or 3 tablespoons brandy
- 3 (8 ounce) packages fat-free cream cheese
- 3/4 cup white sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup yogurt cheese (in recipe data base by Di Neal) or 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/3 cup apricot jam
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Set aside 5 apricot halves.
- 3In a 2 quart pan bring remaining apricots and 1/2 cup water to a boil.
- 4Cover and reduce heat to a simmer, simmering 10 minutes.
- 5Combine crumbs and melted butter.
- 6Press into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of a 8 inch springform pan.
- 7In a food processor puree the cooked apricots and the water until smooth.
- 8Add the liqueur, cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar, egg and egg whites.
- 9Whirl until smooth.
- 10Scrape mixture into prepared pan.
- 11Bake for 25 to 30 minutes-you want the center to be JUST jiggly.
- 12Mix the yogurt cheese OR sour cream with the 1 T.
- 13white sugar.
- 14Spoon onto cake and spread to cover top.
- 15Bake for 5 minutes more.
- 16Run a thin bladed knife between the cake and the pan rim.
- 17Chill cake in the fridge until cool.
- 18Remove rim.
- 19Melt the jam in the microwave and run through a strainer to get rid of the chunks, if you wish.
- 20Cut the 5 apricot halves in half and place evenly around the rim of cake.
- 21Chill for 1 hour more and serve.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 31.3 mg
- Sodium 544.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 38.5 g
- Protein 13.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: