Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick oats
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup dates, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 cup apricot halves, drained (canned)
- Combine oats, butter, cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg in a small bowl. Press mixture onto bottom and up sides of a 9" round pie plate.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 7 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, eggs, dates, 1/3 cup of the pineapple juice, vanilla extract, orange zest and remaining nutmeg in a food processor, mixer or blender and mix well.
- Pour into cooled crust and bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes until filling is set, then chill at least one hour.
- Combine remaining pineapple juice and cornstarch in a small saucepan and heat to boiling, then boil 1 minute, stirring constantly, until thickened and clear. Arrange drained apricot halves on top of cheese filling and spoon pineapple glaze evenly over apricots.
- Refrigerate until glaze is set.